Cranberry Pecan Cake
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- 1 1/2 cups refined sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy-free cream cheese, softened (I used Trader Joe's This is Not a Tub of Cream Cheese)
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Earth Balance and refined sugar on low-medium speed until combined.
- Stir in the applesauce, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and flour.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on low-medium speed until fully combined.
- Stir in the vinegar
- Chop up your cranberries (if you're using frozen berries, don't thaw them out)
- Gently fold in the cranberries, pecans and orange zest
- Pour the batter into a 9x13" pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the frosting. To make the frosting, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix on low-medium speed until combined.
- Spread the frosting on the cake and take a big bite!