Citrus Tea Punch
Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2011/07/citrus-tea-punch/
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 1 pint vanilla dairy-free ice cream
- Place the two cups of water in small pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, place the tea bags in the water and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
- Peel and slice two oranges and one lemon. The size of the slices isn't all that important, just make sure they're large enough to easily remove from the punch later on.
- Pour the tea, orange juice, lemon juice and agave nectar into a punch bowl and add in the fruit slices.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or longer, until you're ready to serve it.
- While the tea mixture is chilling, slice the remaining orange and lemon and place in the freezer.
- Once chilled, remove the tea from the fridge and scoop out and discard the fruit slices.
- Stir in the ginger ale, drop in the frozen orange and lemon slices and top the punch with scoops of ice cream.
- Serve immediately.