- 3/4 cup vegan refined sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Add in the milk and cook over medium heat, stirring very frequently until the mixture bubbles and thickens. It should take 10-15 minutes. Don't overheat the gravy, but if it's not bubbling after 8 minutes, turn the heat up just a bit.
- Stir in the vanilla and the Earth Balance and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let the gravy sit and thicken for another 3-5 minutes without stirring, then eat up!