Chipotle Cashew Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups soaked raw cashews (approx. 16 ounces dry)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small-medium garlic clove
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- Soak your raw cashews overnight for the best results. Place around 16 ounces of raw cashews in a dish full of cold water, cover and place in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Throw all your ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides if necessary, and do a couple of taste tests in case you want to add more chipotle sauce. If your cheese seems too dry, add one tablespoon of water at a time until you are happy with the consistency.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for 3-4 days if you keep it chilled.