Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance, melted
- 3/4 cup vegan light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine flours, rolled oats, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the melted Earth Balance and brown sugar.
- Combine the flour mixture, brown sugar mixture, cherries, vanilla and apple sauce into one bowl and either stir by hand or mix on low speed until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before biting into them.