Makes 16 large bars
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened, plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soy creamer
- 8 ounces vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with wax paper, and then coat the paper and the sides of the pan with Earth Balance and flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Earth Balance, brown sugar, apple sauce and vanilla extract on low-medium speed until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small pan, bring the soy creamer to a boil.
- As soon as it begins to boil, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips, stirring until all the chips are melted.
- Let the ganache sit for 30 minutes so it can thicken.
- Remove the brown sugar cake from the pan and cut in half.
- Spread the ganache on one half of the cake, stopping about 1/4" from the edges
- Place the other half on top, making a ganache sandwich
- Place your yummy creation in the refrigerator for two hours so the ganache can set.
- Remove, cut into pieces, and you're all done!