Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan refined sugar
- 4 ounces Earth Balance, melted
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I used hemp milk)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegan brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and refined sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Earth Balance, vinegar, apple sauce and non-dairy milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter until they are 2/3 of the way full and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the muffin tin, sprinkle brown sugar on the tops of the muffins and place them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly. Let your muffins cool in the tin for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from tin and eat