Berry Chocolate Chip Granola
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup roasted cashews
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup milled flax seed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together your oats, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vegetable oil and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mix well and pour into two baking pans. I used a 9x13 and 8x8 pan because it's what I happened to have on hand. You can use any combination of pans that you want, just make sure that your layer of granola to be about a 1/2" high.
- Place your pans in the oven and bake for 1 hour and fifteen minutes, stirring your granola every 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely.
- Once cool, stir in the cherries, berries and chocolate chips.