Baked Berries with Pistachio Cream
Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2011/06/baked-berries-with-pistachio-cream
Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 2.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 3.5 tablespoons vegan brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir the Tofutti, lemon juice and agave nectar together.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and blend until the kernels turn into a fine powder.
- Add the pistachio powder to the Tofutti mixture and stir until well combined. It's going to look kind of gross, but just go with it.
- Once it's combined, place it in the fridge until you're ready to use it again.
- In a large bowl, stir together the blueberries, raspberries, water and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Pour the berry mixture into a small baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Spoon the pistachio cream blend and the remaining brown sugar on top of the berries, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes until it begins to bubble. Oven temperatures can vary, so keep a close watch on it to make sure it doesn't burn.