Apple Sunflower Sandwich Roll
Makes 2 regular servings or 1 very large sandwich
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1 piece of lavash bread
- 4 tablespoons sunflower butter
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- Slice your apple into 1/4" slices
- Melt Earth Balance in a skillet over medium heat
- Add in the apple slices, brown sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir until apples are coated in the mixture.
- Cook until the apples are soft, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the apples are done, remove from heat, transfer to a plate and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir together the sunflower butter and apple butter in a bowl.
- Spread the butters on the bread, stopping 1/2" from the edges.
- Place the fried apple slices on top of the butter
- Roll the sandwich