- This session will provide you with a step-by-step guide to creating your own Formative and Summative Assessments using Google Forms, and Google Presentations. First I will define Formative and Summative and give examples of each type. I will then demonstrate how the Mechanicsburg School district uses Google Presentations to pose questions to students in the classroom or lab and how the students use Google Forms to respond to the questions in the Google Presentation. Using the summary view of Google Forms to show immediate results after an assessment allows you as an educator to immediately adjust the content you teach based on those results improving student's comprehension and grades. I will give examples on how you can sort and filter the data to get the best results to share with administration, colleagues and parents.
- Suggested audience:
- Prior experience or knowledge:
- Time: 3:00 pm Eastern
- Session hashtag: #googleassessment
- Conference hashtag: #pdinpjs
Name: Eric Griffith
Position: Director of Information Technology
View live here or Sign up below to be a guest panelist for the session
- If you simply wish to view the live presentation of this session, simply come back to this session page at the time of the presentation to view the live stream.
- However, if you wish to be a part of the live Hangout for the session, please fill out this form. The sessions will be conducted using a Google Hangout which can include up to 10 people. The presenter for this session may choose several people to be in the live Hangout, allowing these participants to ask questions and offer comments as part of the live broadcast. The presenter will contact people with more information later.