Riddles and Jokes
By Sophia Xiao
· A man goes to a restaurant and orders a bowl of soup. When his soup arrives, he is about to eat it when he sees a fly in the soup. Outraged, he demands to see the chef. When the chef arrives at the man's table, the man asks angrily, "What is this fly doing in my soup?!" And the chef says, "I believe that's the breaststroke, sir."
· A small plane carrying the pilot, a minister, a senator and a boy scout are cruising along when suddenly the engine catches fire.
The pilot says, "Folks, unfortunately we only have 3 parachutes, I have to survive to report to the FAA on the crash." With that, he grabs a parachute, puts it on and jumps out of the plane.
The senator says, "Well, it would be criminal for me to die and deprive my constituents of my brilliant leadership." With that, he grabs a parachute and jumps out.
The minister says, "My son. I've lived a good life while yours just begun. Take the last parachute and save yourself." The boy scout says, "Don't worry about it, Father, there's one for each of us. Mr. Brilliant Leader just jumped out with my backpack."
1. What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
2. There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?
3. Take off my skin - I won't cry, but you will! What am I?
4. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
5. What English word has three consecutive double letters?
1. A stamp
2. A watermelon
3. An onion
4. Stop imagining
5. Bookkeeper. An alternate, tricky, answer could be Woollen (where W is a "double u")