"There is a great misperception that as an individual, one cannot make a difference. Consequently you have a MILLION people doing nothing. If these million individuals banded together and stood up for what they believed in, they would be able to shift mountains."
Will you stand up for what YOU
"The Seals of Nam" has put together a list of actions that almost everyone can do to help end the brutal and savage seal hunt in Namibia, while the attachments at the end of this page will provide you with picketing material such as posters, placards and banners. Try our Facebook Cover Pages!
- Spread the word. Inform media, radio stations, news papers etc.Tweet and blog the about "The Seals of Nam -a true horror story."
- Email the Namibian Ombudsman, Adv John Walters. Urge him to bring about an immediate end to the slaughter. Here are his contact details.
READY MADE TWEETS TO CELEBRITIES!! CLICK HERE
- Invite all you Facebook friends to join our page.
- Start a protest in your city. Its actually easier than you think. Here are some tips. Keep us informed on your progress, so we can open communication channels between groups from the same place and so increase YOUR success.
Even our one man protests have proven to be exceptionally effective, receiving wide spread media coverage.
- You can sign online petitions and send mail to celebrities asking them to actively support and promote our initiative. Pamela Anderson, Paul McCartney and Charlize Theron are known to actively protest against the fur industry. Charlize in particular. She comes from South Africa and Namibia is its neighbor. Charlize supports the rhino cause as well as many others. Here is one contact address for her
Postal address: c/o United Talent Agency
9560 Wilshire Blvd.
- Oprah is looking for a story. Suggest to her that "The Seals of Nam" supports all opposition to the largest slaughter of wildlife on earth Ellen DeGeneres is also big into animal welfare. The more people who request it, the greater our chances at getting the exposure we so desperately need.
- Hatem Yavuz is the main buyer of Cape Fur Seal pelts. He drives this murderous cull. You can mail him your thoughts. Tell him his time as "King of the Cull" is up. Here are contact details for his business
Hatem Yavuz Deri
43A Ethel Street
...tel: (61-2) 9948 5366
If you do get a response, please forward it to us. We will expose him even further and post it on our website. Our e-mail address is TheSealsOfNam@gmail.com
- You can also send mails to the Namibian Government. Here is a complete list of their embassies and high commissions and consulates Tell them you will boycott not only their tourism, but also all Namibian produce and you will actively discourage people from visiting their country if they do not end the cull.Provide an alternative solution such as large scale eco-tourism, which will not only generate increased wealth, but will also lead to the creation of many jobs in a country desperate for employment. For a sample letter you can click here.
- The SPCA in Namibia have both the legislative power and mandate to end this cull. Not only are they not living up to their name, The Society for PREVENTION of CRUELTY to animals, but they have CONDONED this madness, publicly stating that the violent clubbing of 91 000 seals to death is HUMANE!! Here is their news article. The Animal Protection Act of 1962 (Namibia) applies to all animals, it governs both domestic animals as well as wildlife. The act clearly states that beating an animal to death is an act of cruelty. This link will take you to the contact page of their website.
If you have any queries, suggestions or ideas, please feel free to contact us or post ideas on our Facebook page. We really value your opinion and would love to hear from you
With your help we DO make a difference!!