James, third Lord Ogilvy of Airlie, succeeded his
father before 9 January 1505-6, when he appears as one of
the Lords of Council. He had a sasine of lands on 13
He was alive at least till 1513. He married Isobel
Lindsay, daughter of Alexander, seventh Earl, and sister
of David, eighth Earl of Crawford. He had issue:-
- 1. James, who succeeded him.
- 2. John.
- 3. Archibald.
- 4. Mary, said to have been married to David Lyon of
Cossins, but perhaps she was the Marjorie Ogilvy,
wife of John Lyon of Haltoun of Esse, who received a
charter of the lands of Haltoun of Esse 4 November
- 5. Isobel, stated to have been married to David Strachan
- 6. Beatrix, stated to have been married to - Garden of Leys.
- 7. Margaret, 'ane of the sisteris of umquhil James, Lord
Ogilvy,' grants a discharge with Andrew Gray her
spouse to Elinor Sinclair, Lady Ogilvy, in 1552.