|George John James, fifth Earl of Aberdeen, born 28
September 1816, was M.P. for Aberdeenshire 1854-60, and
succeeded his father December 1860. He married, 5
November 1840, at Taymouth Castle, Mary, daughter of
George Baillie of Jerviswoode and Mellerstain, and sister of
George, tenth Earl of Haddington. They had issue:-
- 1. GEORGE, sixth earl.
- 2. James Henry, born in the Ranger's House, Blackheath,
11 October 1845. Baptized at the Chapel Royal,
Brighton. Died unmarried at Cambridge 12 February
1868. Buried at Methlic.
- 3. JOHN CAMPBELL, seventh earl.
- 4. Mary, born at St. Leonards, near Windsor, 28 April
1844. Baptized at Clevedon. Married at Methlic, 30
January 1863, to Walter Hugh, Lord Polwarth, and has
issue. (See title Polwarth.)
- 5. Harriet, born at the Ranger's House, Blackheath, 17
December 1849. Married, 7 May 1870, at St. James's,
Piccadilly, William Alexander Lindsay, K.C., of Deerpark, Honiton, grandson of the twenty-fourth Earl of
Crawford, and has issue.
- 6. Katherine Eliza, born 10 October 1852 at the Ranger's
House, Blackheath. Married, 21 November 1876, at
Kensington, to Alexander Hugh, Lord Balfour of
Burleigh (see title Balfour), and has issue.
The Earl died 22 March 1864, and the Countess 3 April
1900. Both buried at Methlic.