Place a medium pot over medium heat. Add the butter, shallots, garlic and jalapeño. Saute for 3-4 minutes to soften, then add the half & half and diced tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1/2 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomaotes with green chiles, drained
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Whisk in the cornstarch. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer, so the half & half can scald, then lower the temperature to medium-low. Then stir in the cream cheese and mustard.
Slowly start adding the shredded cheese. Stir and add by the handful, until the sauce comes together. If you prefer your cheese sauce a little thinner, add an extra splash of half & half. Serve immediately, or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot.
by The Savvy Kitchen