- 1 can (15-oz.) can Black-eyed Peas
- 1/4 whole onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 slices jarred jalapenos
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp. salsa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black-eyed peas and partially mash, leaving some whole.
Add all other ingredients, stirring to combine.
Spread into a 9-inch pie dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips!
*Note: if you have them available, you can use the canned black-eyed peas and jalapenos (they're canned together.) If you do this, you can omit the extra jalapenos.
by The Savvy Kitchen