|AREA: 4,144 km2||REVENUE: 1,200,000Rs||ACCESSION: 1954|
|STATE: Jaipur ||DYNASTY: Shekhawat (Raojika clan)||RELIGION: Hindu|
|VILLAGES: 440||POPULATION: 250,000 || |
| || || |
|PRESENT RULER: Shri Rao Raja BIKRAM SINGH, present Rao Raja of Sikar (Kathmandu, Nepal)|
|adopted by Rao Raja Kalyan Singh from Sarwari Village on 16th September 1959, married 1972, Rani Vipula Kumari [Kumari Vipula Shahi of Humla in Nepal], and has issue.|
- Rajkumari Reshma Singh, married Shri Narsingh Pravin Rana of Kathmandu (Nepal).
- Rajkumari Himani Singh [HRH Princess Himani Rajya Lakshmi Devi], born 1st October 1976 in Kathmandu, Nepal, married 26th January 2000 in Kathmandu, Nepal to HRH Crown Prince Paras Shah of Nepal, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Aparna Singh
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded in the 17th century, Sikar is the largest Thikana in area in Jaipur state. The Rao Rajas of Sikar share a common ancestry with the Rajas of Khetri both being descended from Raja Rai Sal of Khandela. Sikar is encircled all around by the high Parkota[walls] comprising of seven Pols [gates]. Estate holders were.....|
- Rao DAULAT SINGH, 1st Rao of Sikar 1687/1721, son of Rao Jaswant Singh of Kasli, he laid the foundation of Sikar in 1687, married twice and had issue. He died 1721.
- Rao Shiv Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Swarup Singh of Shekhsar, Seewod, and Gododa Bagdoda.
- Kunwar Vishnu Singh of Seewod, Paiwa and Roru.
- Rao SHIV SINGH, 2nd Rao of Sikar 1721/1748, completed the fort and palaces of Sikar in 1724, conquered Fatehpur in 1731, married 1stly, Rani Mertaniji of Maroth, married 2ndly, Rani Champawatiji of Pali, masrried 3rdly, Rani Mertaniji of Loonwa, married 4thly, Rani Bidawatiji, a daughter of Thakur Bhao Singh Bidawat of Dantru, and had issue. He died in or about August 1748.
- Rao Samrath Singh (by Rani Mertaniji of Maroth) (qv)
- Kunwar Kirat Singh (by Rani Champawatiji), married and had issue.
- Kunwar Padam Singh of Bethoth and Patoda.
- Kunwar Medh Singh (by Rani Champawatiji), married and had issue.
- Kunwar Bhao Singh of Sarwari and Deepura, married and had issue.
- Thakur Saheb of Sarwari, married and had issue.
- Thakur Phool Singh, married Thakurani Pushpa Kunwar of Daulatgarh and Dhanoli in Idar.
- Kunwar Bikram Singh, he was adopted by Kunwar Bikram Singh, and succeeded as Rao Raja Bikram Singh of Sikar (see below)
- Raja Chand Singh (by Rani Mertaniji of Loonwa) (qv)
- Kunwar Budh Singh (by Rani Mertaniji of Loonwa), Regent of Sikar 1763/1767, died sp in the battle of Maonda in 1767.
- Baisa (name unknown), married Rajadhiraj Umaid Singhji of Shahpura.
- Rao SAMRATH SINGH, 3rd Rao of Sikar 1748/1754, married and had issue. He died 1754.
- Rao Nahar Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Guman Singh of Mugloona.
- Kunwar Bagh Singh of Koodan.
- Rao NAHAR SINGH, 4th Rao of Sikar 1754/1756, deposed by his uncle, given Balaran for his maintenance.
- Rao CHAND SINGH, 5th Rao of Sikar 1756/1763, married and had issue. He died 1763.
- Rao DEVI SINGH, 6th Rao of Sikar 1763/1795, born 6th May 1753, constructed the fort of Devgarh in 1787, founded the town of Ramgarh in 1791, built Raghunathgarh fort in 1791, married 1stly, Rani Mertaniji, married 2ndly, Rani Kanlotiji, married 3rdly, Rani Chandrawatiji, and had issue, one son. He died 25th December 1795.
- Rao Raja Lakshman Singh (by Rani Kanlotji) (qv)
- Rao Raja LAKSHMAN SINGH, 7th Rao Raja of Sikar 1795/1834, born 21st June 1787, usurped the gaddi at Khandela in 1812 but was convinced to return it soon afterwards, he was granted the title of Rao Raja by Maharaja Jagat Singh, married 7 wives, including, a daughter of Maharaj Jai Singh of Bikaner, and had 8 paswan, including Veera, she became sati, and had issue, as well as further issue. He died 24th January 1834.
- Kunwar Hamir Singh
- Rao Raja Ram Pratap Singh (qv)
- Rao Raja Bhairon Singh (by Rani Mertaniji of Ghanerao) (qv)
- Kunwar Hukam Singh (natural son by paswanji Kisturi)
- Kunwar Mukund Singh (natural son by paswanji Kisturi), Chief Minister of Sikar 1851/-, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Paneh Singh, Chief Minister of Sikar.
- Kunwar Chiman Singh (natural son)
- Kunwar Rambux Singh (natural son)
- Rao Raja RAM PRATAP SINGH, 8th Rao Raja of Sikar 1834/1850, born 1829, constructed the marble palace, noted for its attractive golden paintings, married 1stly, Rani Ranawatiji of Shahpura, married 2ndly, Rani Bhatianiji. He died sp on 17th September 1850.
- Rao Raja BHAIRON SINGH, 9th Rao Raja of Sikar 1851/1865, born posthumously in 1834, originally granted the jagir of Seemalala, adopted by the widow of his predecessor, but only confirmed in the succession after a year in 1851, married and had issue as well as adoptive issue. He died 5th April 1865.
- (A) Kunwar Madho Singh, succeeded as Rao Raja Sir Madho Singhji Bahadur of Sikar (qv)
- Rao Raja Sir MADHO SINGH Bahadur, 10th Rao Raja of Sikar 1866/1922, born 1860, adoptive son of his predecessor and second son of Thakur Birad Singh of Deeppura, he was granted the title of Bahadur in 1886, K.C.I.E [cr.1.1.1922], he constructed the Madhav Niwas Kothi; married four wives, including 4thly, Rani Bhatianiji, and had issue. He died 28th June 1922 at Sikar.
- Maharani Raj Kunwar (by Rani Bhatianiji), married 14th May 1924, HH Maharawat Sir Ram Singhji II Bahadur of Pratapgarh, and had issue, one daughter. She died 1929.
- Rajkumari (name unknown) Kanwar (by Rani Bhatianiji), married the Rajkumar of Surguja.
- Rajkumari (name unknown) Kanwar (by Rani Bhatianiji), married Raja Kalyan Singhji of Bhinai.
- Rao Raja KALYAN SINGH Bahadur, 11th Rao Raja of Sikar 1922/1967, nephew of his predecessor, son of Thakur Dalip Singh, elder brother of Rao Raja Mado Singh Bahadur, born 20th June 1886 at Deeppura; he constructed the clock tower as well as the Kalyan Hospital and College for the welfare of public; married, a daughter of Thakur Madho Singh of Sirana in Ajmer, and had issue. He died 5th November 1967 in Jaipur.
- Kunwar Narain Singh, died young.
- Thakurani Phool Kanwar, married 1927, Thakur Umaid Singhji of Neemaj.
- Thakurani (name unknown) Kanwar, married Thakur Chiman Singhji of Chanod.
- Kunwar Hardayal Singh, born 9th July 1922, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer, married 1stly, 1938 in Lucknow, a daughter of Shri Mussoorie Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, married 2ndly, February 1948, HRH Princess Triloki Rajya Lakshmi Devi, daughter of HM King Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah Dev of Nepal, and had adoptive issue. He died spm on 15th June 1954 in Jaipur.
- (A) Kunwar Bikram Singh, succeeded as Rao Raja Bikram Singh of Sikar (qv)
- Rao Raja BIKRAM SINGH, 12th Rao Raja of Sikar (see above)
- Kumari (name unknown), married Maj. Kuwar Yashwant Singh Ranawat of Kankarwa.