PRATAPGARH (Princely State)
(15 gun salute)
|AREA: 2,303 km2||PRIVY PURSE: 102,000Rs ||ACCESSION: 7th April 1949|
|STATE: Rajasthan ||DYNASTY: Sisodia ||RELIGION: Hindu|
| ||POPULATION: 52,025 (1901)|| |
| || || |
|PRESENT RULER: HH Maharawat AMBIKA PRATAP SINGH (1949/-)|
|born 17th March 1940, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1957); married 1stly, 1960 (div. 1964), HH Maharani Mukund Kumari, daughter of HH Maharaja Jam Sahib Shri Digvijaysinhji Ranjitsinhji of Nawanagar, and his wife, HH Maharani Gulab Kunwerba, married 2ndly, 1965, Parveen Shamsher Ali, daughter of the Nawab of Mamdot, and niece of the Nawab of Loharu, and has issue.|
- Yuvraj Jai Singh, born 13th February 1961, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1972); married 1987, Yuvrani Ratna Kumari, daughter of Raja Dinesh Singh of Kalakankar, and his wife, Rani Neelima Kumari, and has issue.
- Bhanwar Bhuvanyu Singh, educated at The Doon School, Dehradun and at the University of Delhi (B.A. in Economics and Political Science), has also completed the Certified Course for Real Estate Agents, Sales Persons and Direct Sale and Home Loan Agents (recognized by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi); Member of the Indian National Congress Party; Member of the Delhi Gymkhana Club and The Cricket Club of India; presently (2011) working as Director of A.B.R. Security Associates; Director at R.D.S. College of Management, affiliated to I.M.T., Ghaziabad; Director of Bhumishree Farming and Farm Products.
- Tanushree Kumari, born 24th February 1992.
1. ref. IOR/F/4/1514/59681 - date: Jun 1833-Nov 1834
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The predecessor state of Sadri later Kanthal and still later Deolia was founded in 1433 by Rawat Khemkaran Singh, son of Maharana Mokal Singh of Udaipur. The rulers were...|
- Rawat KHEMKARAN SINGH, 1433/1473, he was granted the Jagir of Sagri, later establishing his own Kingdom of Kanthal, married four wives, and had issue, four sons and one daughter. He died at the battle of Dadmipur circa 1473.
- Rawat SURAJ MAL (qv)
- Kunwar Ranvir Singh
- Kunwar Shekhgar Singh
- Kunwar Raisal Singh
- Baisa Pep Kunwari
Rawat SURAJ MAL 1473/1530, married three wives and had issue. Died 1530.
- Rawat BAGH SINGH (by Shrantgar Kunwari) (qv)
- Kunwar Randhir Singh (by Shrantgar Kunwari)
- Kunwar Sahismal Singh (by Takt Kunwari), granted the Jagir of Dhamotar, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Kamal Singh, died 18th June 1576 at Haldighati.
- Kunwar Ranmal Singh (by Takt Kunwari), granted the Jagir of Kalyanpura, married and had issue. He died 1541.
- Thakur SULTAN SINGH of Kalyanpura.
- Kunwar Kaala Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
- Kunwar Rajghar Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
- Kunwar Jaagoji Singh (by Jadav Kunwari)
Rawat BAGH SINGH 1530/1535, married five wives and had issue. He died 1535.
- Rawat RAI SINGH (qv)
- Kunwar Jetmal Singh
- Kunwar Barmal Singh
- Kunwar Kanha Singh
- Kunwar Kanji Singh, granted the Jagirs of Ambirama and Badi Sakthali.
- Kunwar Manji Singh
- Ram Kunwari
- Shyam Kunwari
Rawat RAI SINGH 1535/1552, married and had issue. He died 1552.
- Rawat BIKRAM SINGH (qv)
- Kunwar Udaikaran Singh
- Kunwar Aaskaran Singh
- Kunwar Puranmal Singh
- Kishan Kunwari
Rawat BIKRAM SINGH 1552/1564, born 1525, founded the state of Deolia, later to become Pratapgarh in 1561, married four wives and had issue. He died 18th August 1564.
- Rawat TEJ SINGH (qv)
- Rajkumar Surjan Singh, granted the Jagir of Raipur, married and had issue.
- Thakur RAM DAS of Raipur, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Man Singh of Manpura
- Kunwar Kan Singh of Kangarh
- Rajkumar Sardul Singh, granted the Jagirs of Sidhpura and Veragaon.
- Rajkumar Kishan Das, granted the Jagir of Jhantla (or Barlia).
- Rajkumari Kishan Kunwari
- Rajkumari Lal Kunwari
Rawat TEJ SINGH 1564/1593, married six wives and had issue. He died 1593.
- Rawat BHANU SINGH (qv)
- Rawat SINHA SINGH (qv)
Rawat BHANU SINGH 1593/1597, married Rani Bhagwati Kunwari, daughter of Rao Narayandas of Idar. He died 1597 sp.
Rawat SINHA SINGH 1597/1627, married 13 wives and had issue. He died 8th April 1627.
- Rawat JASHWANT SINGH (qv)
- Rajkumar Jaganath Singh
- Rajkumar Mahav Singh
- Rajkumari Sada Kunwari
- Rajkumari Raj Kunwari
Rawat JASHWANT SINGH 1627/1628, married eight wives, including Rani Chanda Kunwari, and had issue. He died 1628.
- Maharawat HARI SINGH (qv)
- Rajkumar Maha Singh
- Rajkumar Man Singh, granted the Jagir of Arnod.
- Rajkumar Kesari Singh, granted the Jagir of Jhantla.
- Rajkumar Udai Singh
- Rajkumari Rup Kunwari
- Rajkumari Suraj Kunwari
Maharawat HARI SINGH 1628/1673, was granted the title of Maharaj Dhriraj Maharawat by the Mughal Emperor, married ten wives including (a) Maharani Manbhavnade Hadi, (b) Maharani Jas Kunwari Jhali, (c) Maharani Anoop Kunwari Rathod from Medta, (d) Maharani Ajabkuveri Goad (committed sati), (e) Maharani Anandkuveri Rathod (committed sati) and had issue. He died 1673.
- Maharawat PRATAP SINGH (by Maharani Manbhavnade Hadi)(qv)
- Maharaj Amar Singh (by Maharani Jas Kunwari Jhali), granted the Jagir of Sakthali.
- Maharaj Mokham Singh (by Maharani Anoop Kunwari), granted the Jagir of Salimgarh.
- Maharaj Madhav Singh (by Maharani Ajabkuveri Goad), granted the Jagir of Achlavda.
- Maharaj Anand Singh (by Maharani Anandkuveri)
- Maharajkumari Kalyan Kunwari (by Maharani Anandkuveri), married Kunwar Anvsinh Rathod of Bikaner.
- Maharajkumari Sobhaya Kunwari (by Maharani Anandkuveri)
Maharawat PRATAP SINGH 1673/1708, founded Pratapgarh in 1698, married 10 wives including (a) Maharani Prem Kunwari, daughter of Padam Singh of Bikaner, (b) Maharani Dharma Kunwari Goad, daughter of Thakur Vithaldas of Ajmer (she committed sati), (c) Maharani Vijay Kunwari, daughter of Thakurn Sabal Singh Kachhawa, (she committed sati), and had issue. He died 30th November 1708.
- Maharawat PRITHVI SINGH (qv)
- Maharaj Kirti Singh
- Maharaj Bhim Singh
- Maharaj Daulat Singh
- Maharaj Inder Singh
- Maharajkumari Bane Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Sobhagya Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Phool Kunwari
Maharawat PRITHVI SINGH 1708/1718, married 9 wives including Maharani Vijay Kunwari, daughter of Kunwar Padam Singh of Bikaner, and had issue. He died 1718.
- Maharawat PAHAR SINGH (qv)
- Maharawat UMAID SINGH (qv)
- Maharaj Padam Singh
- Maharaj Kalyan Singh
- Maharawat GOPAL SINGH (qv)
- Maharaj Guman Singh
- Maharajkumari Kalyan Kunwari
- Maharani Anoop Kunwari, married Maharaja Ajit Singh of Jodhpur.
- Maharajkumari Padam Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ratan Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Suraj Kunwari
Maharawat PAHAR SINGH 1718/1718, married and had issue. He died 1718.
- Maharawat SANGRAM SINGH (also known as Ram Singh) (qv)
Maharawat SANGRAM SINGH 1718/1719. He died 1719 sp.
Maharawat UMAID SINGH 1719/1721, married four wives including Maharani Kesar Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Kushalsinh Adjavat Kachhawa, and had issue. He died 1721.
- Maharajkumari Amrut Kunwari
Maharawat GOPAL SINGH 1721/1756, married eleven wives and had issue. He died 1756.
- Maharaj Bakhtawar Singh
- Maharawat SALIM SINGH (qv)
- Maharaj Ratan Singh
- Maharaj Jait Singh
- Maharajkumari Suraj Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ajan Kunwari
Maharawat SALIM SINGH 1756/1774 , married eleven wives including Maharani Kundan Kunwari, daughter of Thakur Lal Singh Rathod of Aamjhar, and had issue. He died 26th October 1774.
- Maharawat SAMANT SINGH (see below)
- Maharajkumar Rod Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumar Vijay Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumar Gaj Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharaj Lal Singhji, he was granted the Jagir of Arnod, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Arjun Singhji, Thakur Saheb of Arnod, married and had issue.
- Maharaj Kushal Singhji, Thakur Saheb of Arnod, born 1819, married daughter of the Rao of Asind in Mewar, and had issue. He died 1856.
- Kunwar Raghunath Singh, adopted by Maharawat Udai Singh and succeeded as HH Maharawat Sir RAGHUNATH SINGHJI Bahadur of Pratapgarh (see below)
- Maharajkumar Mehtab Singh, died at a young age.
- Maharajkumari Maya Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Rup Kunwari
Maharawat SAWANT SINGH 1774/1844, born 5th October 1767, married 8 wives including (a) Maharani Swaroop Kunwari, daughter of Maharaja Bahadur Singh of Kishangarh, married (b), Maharani Daulat Kunwari, daughter of a Rathod sardar of Medhta, married (c), Maharani Gulab Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Tej Sinhji of Namli in Ratlam, married (d) Maharani Daulat Kunwar, daughter of Thakur Fateh Sinhji of Namli in Ratlam, and had issue. He died 5th January 1844.
- Rani Pran Kunwari (by Swaroop Kunwari), married Maharaj Umaid Singh of Idar.
- Rani Chiman Kunwari (by Daulat Kunwari Rathodji), married 1821, Rana Fatehsinhji Solanki of Lunawada.
- Maharaj Padam Singh
- Maharajkumar Dip Singh, married 1stly, Rani Raaj Kunwari, daughter of Raja Udaibhan Singh of Bhinai, married 2ndly, a lady from Fatehgarh in Kishangarh, and had issue. He died 21st May 1826 (1823).
- Bhanwar Kesri Singh (by Rani Raaj Kunwari), born 8th November 1808, died under mysterious circumstances sp 1834 (#1).
- Maharawat DALPAT SINGH (by 2nd wife) (qv)
- Maharani Pratap Kunwari (by 2nd wife), married 12th February 1833, Maharaja Sardar Singh of Bikaner.
- Maharaj Sardar Singh
- Maharajkumari Ajab Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Chandan Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Takhat Kunwari
- Maharajkumari Ratan Kunwari
Maharawat DALPAT SINGH 1844/1864, born 26th November 1808, adopted by Maharawal Jashwant Singhji of Dungarpur in 1820, but wasn't allowed to eventually succeed there in 1845. His own son died in 1845 and he therefore adopted Kanwar Udai Singh of Sabli who became the next Maharawal of Dungarpur, married 1stly, Maharani Daulat Kunwari of Namli in Ratlam, married 2ndly, Maharani Moti Kunwari of Kushalgarh, married 3rdly, Maharani Kesar Kunwari of Kushalgarh, married 4thly, Maharani Kalyan Kunwari of Keranya in Bansda, and had issue. He died 30th March 1864.
- Maharawat UDAI SINGH (qv)
Maharawat UDAI SINGH 1864/1890 , born 29th June 1848, married 1stly, HH Maharani Swaroop Kunwari of Namli in Ratlam, married 2ndly, HH Maharani Juhaar Kunwari of Sailana, married 3rdly, HH Maharani Phool Kunwari of Sailana (sister of the second wife), and had issue, as well as an adopted son. He died 15th February 1890.
- Yuvraj Hamir Singh (by 1st wife), born 29th March 1865, died 1869.
- Yuvraj Arjun Singh (by 2nd wife), born 1st March 1887, died young.
- (A) HH Maharawat Sir RAGHUNATH SINGH Bahadur (qv)
HH Maharawat Sir RAGHUNATH SINGH Bahadur 1890/1929, born 29th December 1858, adopted from Arnod on 4th May 1890 by HH Maharani Swaroop Kunwari; K.C.I.E. [cr.1911], married 1stly, HH Maharani Ugam Kunwari, daughter of the Thakur of Khawasa (Pisangan) in Ajmer, died 6th December 1891, married 2ndly, HH Maharani Kesar Kunwari of Semlia in Sailana, died 28th April 1908, married 3rdly, 20th February 1892, HH Maharani Vraj Kunwari (sister of the first wife), and had issue. He died 11th January 1929.
- Yuvraj Pratap Singh (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari), died 19th September 1890.
- Yuvraj Man Singh (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari), born 13th April 1886, married 1stly, 18th February 1903, Yuvrani Chandra Kumari of Khetri, married 2ndly, 13th October 1910, Yuvrani Bhuvaneshwari Devi of Tehri-Garhwal, died 9th August 1913, married 3rdly, 1913, Yuvrani Maya Kunwarba Sahiba of Dhrangadhra, and had issue. He died 29th October 1918.
- HH Maharawat Sir RAM SINGH II Bahadur (qv)
- Rani Mohan Kumari, born 24th July 1911, married 2nd December 1929, Maharaj Dr. Raghunath Singh of Sitamau.
- HH Maharani Vallabh Kunwari (by Maharani Ugam Kunwari), married HH Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner. She died 19th August 1906.
- HH Maharani Raj Kunwari (by Maharani Vraj Kunwari), married 1909, HH Maharaja Dileep Singhji of Sailana.
- Maharaj Goverdhan Singhji (by Maharani Vraj Kunwari), he was granted the Jagir of Arnod on 4th September 1901.
HH Maharawat Sir RAM SINGH II Bahadur 1929/1949, born 12th April 1908, K.C.S.I., married 1stly 14th May 1924, HH Maharani Raj Kunwari, daughter of Rao Raja Sir MADHO SINGH Bahadur of Sikar, died 1929, married 2ndly, 20th April 1932, HH Maharani Meghraj Kumari of Dumraon, married 3rdly, 6th May 1934, HH Maharani Mahendra Kumari, daughter of Major HH Maharana Shri Maharaja Shri Raj Sir Ghanshyamsinhji Ajitsinhji Sahib Bahadur of Dhrangadhra, and his third wife, HH Maharani Anand Kunwarba Sahiba, and had issue. He died 9th January 1949.
- HH Rani Devendra Kumari, born 16th February 1925, married HH Raja Lakshman Singh of Chamba, and had issue, three sons and two daughters. She died 27th June 2004 at King Rashid Hospital in Dubai, cremated at Chamba.
- Maharajkumari Indira Kumari, born 19th April 1933, married to Vasna (Gujarat).
- Maharajkumari Urmila Kumari, born 4th August 1937, married Maharaj Balram Singh of Datia.
- Maharajkumari Kusum Kumari, born 17th July 1939, married in Dewas.
- Rani Kumud Kumari, born 17th July 1939, married Rao Sahib Virendra Singh Ju Deo of Bihat, and has issue.
- Maharajkumari Kanak Kumari, born 1940, married.
- Kaurani Ila Kumari, born 1942, married Kumar Shri Ranjit Singh of Bilkha, and has issue.
- Maharaj Prakaram Singh, married Rani Bhanu Kumari, daughter of HH Shri Sawai Maharaja Sir Tej Singhji Dev Bahadur of Alwar.
- Maharaj Ranjit Singh, married Rani Subh Kumari, daughter of Rawat Kuber Singh of Dhula, and has issue, one daughter.
- Rajkumari Jyotsana Kumari
- Thakurani Yeshwant Kumari, born 23rd February 1938, married Thakur Raghuraj Singh of Badnore, and has issue.
- HH Maharawat AMBIKA PRATAP SINGH (qv)
- Maharani Maheshwari Devi, born 9th April 1941, married December 1956 (divorced), HH Maharao Brijraj Singh of Kotah.
- Maharaj Durgapratapsinh, born 25th December 1945, educated at Rajkumar College, Rajkot (1963); married 8th February 1973, Rani Meenakshidevi from Dera Ismail Khan, born 20th February 1946, died 10th February 2005, and has issue.
- Baijilal Rajkumari Ambikadevi, born 13th November 1975.
- Rajkumar Dhruvadityasinh, born 16th May 1979.
Maharawat AMBIKA PRATAP SINGH (see above)© 2000 M.DPS Sisodia