|AREA: 85 km2||PRIVY PURSE: 80,000Rs||ACCESSION: 15th April 1948|
|STATE: Himachal Pradesh ||DYNASTY: Panwar ||RELIGION: Hindu|
| ||POPULATION: 9,490 (1901) ||REVENUE: 30,000Rs|
| || || |
|PRESENT RULER: Raja KESHVINDER SINGH, Raja of Baghat since 27th April 2004.(Baghat House, Solan-173 212, District Solan, H.P., India)|
|born 26th April 1967 at Maharaja Rajendra Hospital, Patiala, Punjab; educated at St.Mary's School, Kasauli and later at St.Luke's School, Solan; graduated from Government Degree College, Solan; married in 1995, and has issue, a son. |
1. "The Golden Book of India"; LETHBRIDGE, Roper, MacMillan & Co., 1893 , p.412. The help of Deepak Aggarwal is gratefully acknowledged, September 2005
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Founded in the late 15th/early 16th century. The Ranas claim descent from a Rajput family from Dharanagri in the Deccan, though different authors, state the founder of Baghat was Raja Vijay Dev, a younger brother of Raja Ajai Dev, the founder of Baghal. Rulers were....|
- Rana FATEH PAL 1777/1787, married and had issue.
- Rana RAGHUNATH PAL 1787/1810, married and had issue. He died 1810.
- Rana DALEL SINGH (qv)
- Mian Dhiraj Singh, married and had issue, three sons. He died 1858.
- Rana UMAID SINGH (qv)
- Mian Jit Singh, born 1830, married and had issue.
- Mian Gopal Singh, married Kumari Deviwati, daughter of Kanwar Lakshman Singh of Kuthar, and had issue.
- Kumari Durga KUmari, married Rana BALJIT SINGH of Tharoch.
- Kanwar Ishwari Singh, succeeded as Raja ISHWARI SINGH (see below)
- Kumari Chandra Prabha Kumari, married Kanwar Bhupinder Singh of Jubbal, and had issue.
- Kumari Sita Kumari, married Kanwar Gyan Singh of Kotkhai, and had issue, one daughter.
- Kumari Yashodha Kumari, married Kanwar Ravinder Singh of Mahlog, and had issue.
- Mian Bhim Singh
- Mian Sobha Singh, born 1832, married and had issue.
- Rana DALEL SINGH, married and had issue.
- Rana MAHENDRA SINGH (qv)
- Rana BIJAY SINGH (qv)
- Rana UMAID SINGH 1861/1861, born 1825, claimed the throne of his cousin, Rana Bijey Singh, petitioning the directors of The East India Company in London, England, and was recognised just a few days before his death in 1861, married and had issue, four sons. He died 1861.
- Tikka Dalip Singh, later Rana DALIP SINGH (qv)
- Kanwar Amar Singh, born 1860, married and had issue, three sons.
- Kanwar Devi Singh, born 1897.
- Kanwar Shiv Singh, born 1899.
- Kanwar Hari Singh, born 1908, married Kanwarani Rama Kumari, daughter of Thakur Amar Singh of Dhinari, and had issue.
- Kanwar Randhir Singh, married Kanwarani Madhu Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Rajendra Singh of Kotkhai, and his wife, Kanwarani Rajpriya Kumari.
- Kumari Manju Kumari, married Shri Hemender Shekhwa, son of Shri J. A. Shekhwa, and his wife Kumari Indu Wala, daughter of Darbar Shri Surag Wala of Vadia, and has issue.
- Kunwar Hira Singh
- Kanwar Ratan Singh, married and had issue, one son. He died 1888 (#2).
- Rana DALIP SINGH 1861/1911, born 3rd February 1859, C.I.E. [cr.1895], recognised as the successor to Rana Umed Singh on 15th January 1862, married (a), a daughter of the Rana of Dhami, married (b), 1888, a grand-daughter of the Rana of Mangal, married (c), another grand-daughter of the Rana of Mangal, married (d), the daughter of Kanwar Kedar Singh of Sirmur, the youngest son of Kanwar Ranjit Singh, and had issue, two sons. He died 30th December 1911.
- Tikka Durga Singh, later Raja DURGA SINGH (qv)
- Raj Kumar Bhawani Singh, born 1904, died 1912.
- Raja DURGA SINGH 1911/1977, born 12th September 1901, succeeded to the throne on 30th December 1911, formally installed on 23rd May 1913, and granted full ruling powers in September 1922, educated at Aitchison Chief's College, Lahore, C.I.E. [cr.1939], elected Member of the Chamber of Princes in 1933, granted the hereditary title of Raja on 4th June 1928, married 28th November 1917, Raj Kumari Sashi Prabha Kumari, born 1905, died April 1947, a daughter of HH Raja KIRTI SHAH of Tehri Garhwal, and had issue, a daughter. He died 30th March 1977.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), died as an infant.
- Raja ISHWARI SINGH 1977/2004, born 17th April 1921, as Kanwar Ishwari Singh of Baghat, a cousin of the late Raja Durga Singh, who had no sons or brothers, married 1stly, 1949, Kumari Gita Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Mangal Singh of Koti, married 2ndly, 1957, Kumari Nirmala Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Jivan Singh of Koti, and had issue, 4 children. He died 27th April 2004 at Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
- Raj Kumari Madhu Kumari, born 20th June 1962 in Jabli, District Solan; educated at St.Mary's School at Kasauli; married 17th April 1981 at Solan, Captain Satish Kumar Singh, son of Colonel Dinanath Singh from Jullunder City, Punjab, and has issue, two children.
- Tikka Keshvinder Singh Panwar (later Raja KESHVINDER SINGH) (qv)
- Raj Kumar Digvijay Singh Panwar, born 10th December 1970 at Jabli, District Solan; educated at St.Luke's School, Solan and later at the Government High School, Solan; married in 2000.
- Raj Kumar Karan Singh Panwar, born 2nd December 1975 at Jabli, District Solan; educated at St. Luke's School, Solan; presently serving in the Indian Merchant Navy.
- Raja KESHVINDER SINGH (see above)
- Kanwar Tikender Singh, born 10th December 1971, educated at St.Edwards School, Shimla and graduated from Government College, Sanjauli, Shimla; Member of the H.P. State Secretariat, C.P.I. (M) [Communist Party of India (Marxist)]; married and has issue, one daughter.