I've been into Personal Development since 2004, Since then I've used coaches, read books, listened to audio and watched DVDs and I'm now an NLP Practitioner I use these things in order to develop myself and my businesses. I think it's important and not enough people do get into personal and business development. Obviously that's not you because your reading this. So here are my top tips for personal development.
- Read 10 pages of a good book each day and at the end of the year you'll have read around 15-20 books.
- There is no failure only feedback, if something doesn't work the first time or you don't get something right it only becomes a failure if you give up, never give up.
- Divide big goals into lots of smaller goals. This makes it easier to achieve.
- 'If you think you can or think you can't, you're right' - Henry Ford
- Give to others without expecting a return - Ask not what your country (others) can do for you - Ask what can you do for your country (others) - JFK
- When dealing with 'difficult people' (for want of a better term) ask yourself what may they be going through or happened to them for them to be this way? this cause a paradigm shift. We are often quick to judge but we don't know what's happening in their lives, and they may not have found the resources to deal with their issues yet!
- Take responsibility for everything that happens in your life even if it seems it wasn't your fault, acting from this perspective is empowering.
- Challenged yourself to do things out of your comfort zone - this will ensure you grow, get some adventure into your life as it is more rewarding and fun.
- We have all the resources we need in life within us.
- Personal Development is an ongoing process, make it part of your life.