(makes 2 sandwiches)
- 6 oz. corned beef, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Rye Bread
- sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and add the onions and apple cider
vinegar. Cook on medium heat for about 7-10 minutes (add more vinegar
if necessary) until the onions are soft and brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the horseradish and dijon.
- Spread the dijon mixture onto one slice of bread and put a layer of cheese on top.
- Add the slices of corned beef, then the caramelized onions on top.
- Grill on a panini/foreman grill or on a buttered saute pan until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown.