(makes 3 sandwiches)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 4-5 oz. coppa
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 6 oz. manchego cheese, sliced
- 1 handful basil
- pepper to taste
- Put the tomato slices in a bag and pour in the white wine and garlic. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain the white wine and lay the tomatoes flat on a pan. Pat down
with a cloth to soak up excess liquid. Brush with olive oil and pepper.
- In a 425F oven, bake the tomatoes for about 10 minutes until they are slightly dry.
- On one slice of bread, add the cheese, coppa slices, roasted tomatoes and basil.
- Grill on a foreman or panini grill until the cheese has melted.