(Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa in another
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix in the chocolate and the cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on un-greased baking
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 12 minutes.