1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 large tomato, diced - or the equivalent in yummy cherry tomatoes, quartered
8 oz shredded cheese, I love sharp cheddar, but use what YOU love
1 cup heavy cream (I actually use 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup half & half - does that make it 3/4 & 1/4?)
1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper to your liking
sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous, I add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper!
- Cook sausage and crumble, when almost done, stir in chopped mushrooms so they can cook for a couple minutes. Spread it all into a well greased or "Pammed" 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the green onions, then the tomatoes, then the cheese over the meat.
- Crack your eggs into a mixing bowl, beat with a fork. Add in cream and seasonings. Beat with fork until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over layers.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes...or until set...it begins to get golden around the edges.
- If serving right away, allow to sit for 10 minutes or so...otherwise, set on a rack until cool, cut into desired pieces, cover with aluminum foil and place in fridge.
- Warm it slowly in the microwave and enjoy!
The Moon and Me ~ www.kellysmoonlight.blogspot.com