- 2/3 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 c. quick cooking oats
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 c. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer. Add oats, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir well.
- Press oat mixture firmly into a greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the chocolate-peanut butter topping in step 3.
- In the top of a double boiler or in a saucepan over very low heat, melt crunchy peanut butter and chocolate chips together, stirring frequently.
- Spread the chocolate-peanut topping evenly over the oat base. Place in the refrigerator to harden. Cut into squares once chilled.
Source: The Kitchen is My Playground