1lb chicken or turkey
1 (6oz) box stuffing. I prefer the cornbread kind.
1 (10 ¾oz) can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
4 oz. sour cream
1 cup cheese
Skip ahead if you are using left over turkey, or are a smart cookie and have shredded chicken ready in your freezer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil
- Place chicken in boiling water, reduce heat, and let boil for 25 minutes. Drain. (If you want to be said smart cookie, cook extra chicken that you can put away in the freezer for a rainy day)
- Make stuffing mix according to directions on box, set aside.
- Mix soup and sour cream, set aside.
- Shred the chicken, I use my kitchen aid for shredding chicken, no having to wait for it to cool, and it’s super fast.
- Grease up an 8x8 pan, (recipe can easily be doubled and use a 9x13 for larger families.) Cover bottom of pan with 1/3 of stuffing mix and press lightly to cover nicely.
- Cover stuffing with chicken
- Pour soup/sour cream mixture over chicken.
- Put cheese over mixture.
- Cover with remaining stuffing mix
- Cook for 30 minutes or until bubbling.