Please review the document “Guidelines for the data processing and analysis of the "International Physical Activity Questionnaire”, available in a pdf-file below, for more detailed description of IPAQ analysis and recommendations for data cleaning and processing.
The scoring protocol was slightly revised in November 2005 and is now a combined protocol for both the long and the short form of the IPAQ instrument.
• 3 or more days of vigorous activity of at least 20 minutes per day OR
• 5 or more days of moderate-intensity activity or walking of at least 30 minutes
per day OR
• 5 or more days of any combination of walking, moderate-intensity or vigorous
intensity activities achieving a minimum of at least 600 MET-min/week.
• Vigorous-intensity activity on at least 3 days and accumulating at least 1500 MET-minutes/
• 7 or more days of any combination of walking, moderate-intensity or vigorous
intensity activities achieving a minimum of at least 3000 MET-minutes/week
Please find the exact figures for MET values for each domain and intensity in the pdf-file below. Please also find an excel file for automatic calculation of data from IPAQ. The file was created by Andrea Di Blasio, Francesco Di Donato and Christian Mazzocco at "Endocrinology Unit" of the "Department of Medicine and Aging Sciences" of "G. d'Annunzio" University of Chieti-Pescara (Italy). The file was updated July 2016.