Please review the document “Guidelines for the data processing and analysis of the "International Physical Activity Questionnaire”, available in a pdf-file below, for more detailed description of IPAQ analysis and recommendations for data cleaning and processing.
The scoring protocol was slightly revised in November 2005 and is now a combined protocol for both the long and the short form of the IPAQ instrument.
• 3 or more days of vigorous activity of at least 20 minutes per day OR
• 5 or more days of moderate-intensity activity or walking of at least 30 minutes
per day OR
• 5 or more days of any combination of walking, moderate-intensity or vigorous
intensity activities achieving a minimum of at least 600 MET-min/week.
• Vigorous-intensity activity on at least 3 days and accumulating at least 1500 MET-minutes/
• 7 or more days of any combination of walking, moderate-intensity or vigorous
intensity activities achieving a minimum of at least 3000 MET-minutes/week
Please find the exact figures for MET values for each domain and intensity in the pdf-file below.