2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
2 cups fresh whole cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp. water)
3/4 cup orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and walnuts. Set aside.
4. In a sauce pan , cream together butter, sugar, and flax egg until smooth. Stir in Orange juice.
Heat on medium until raw sugar has been absorbed.
5. Gently fold wet ingredients into dry and pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched.
7. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.