Makes 4 servings (25 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time)
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti or other pasta, cooked
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 onion, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup light tamari or soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons agave
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
Sea salt to taste
1) Cook 1 pound pasta and set aside.
2) In a large skilled, add 1/4 cup vegetable broth, onions, peppers, broccoli, and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly cooked.
3) Stir in pasta, basil, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
4) In separate saucepan, add peanut butter, tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and agave. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Pour over noodles.
5) Garnish with green onions and peanuts. Season with salt.
TIPS: Snow peas and cauliflower are both great substitutes for broccoli. To make beautiful and easy julienne strips of carrot, use a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler.