critical thinking, problem solving,
effective oral and written communication,
accessing and analyzing information,
curiosity, and imagination.
From Tony Wagner's book about preparing students for global competition.
According to Wagner, the seven survival skills are critical thinking and problem solving; collaboration across networks and leading by influence; agility and adaptability; initiative and entrepreneurship; effective oral and written communication; accessing and analyzing information; and curiosity and imagination.
See an article about Communication Skills
A presentation about the 7 Global Skills for Literacy
For each of the skills, there are effective techniques that mentors can use to show kids how to move ahead.
1. critical thinking, problem solving,
2. collaboration,QBEAcademy.net (Will Sutherland directs a school where students work together through planned hardships and delayed gratification)
3. agility, adaptability,
Teacher as Coach by Alison Gopnik
4. initiative, entrepreneurialism,
5. effective oral and written communication,
6. accessing and analyzing information,
Maintaining an ePortfolio
Videos by Dennis Yuzenas about Portfolios
7. curiosity and imagination.
Dennis Yuzenas adds
8. Courtesy and Etiquette
The IBO includes
9. Integrity (which some people might learn as Honesty)