Low-Fat Peanut Butter Yogurt
Try this reader recipe on its own…or as a dip for apples and your other favorite fruits and veggies!
• 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
• 1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
• 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 tsp sucanat
Mix or whisk all ingredients together to remove all lumps.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
360, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 3.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 20
mg, Sodium: 270 mg, Total Carbs: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 19
g; Protein: 43 g; Iron: 0.56 mg
Recipe by Oxygen reader Shari Auldridge.
If you're craving something a little more savory, here's a recipe that will utilize all of those tomatoes you have lying around!
Heirbloom Tomato Stack
with Buffalo Mozzarella
• 3 assorted (red, orange, yellow) medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 –inch slices
• 16 basil leaves
• 4 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/3 –inches
• 10 cherry tomatoes
• Freshly ground four-blend pepper, to taste
• 1 1/2 oz olive oil
• 1 1/2 oz balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
• 1 tbsp French Honey Dijon Mustard
• 1/4 cup chopped shallots
On two plates, place a slice of tomato on each and top with a slice of
mozzarella and two basil leaves. Repeat twice. Finish with a cherry
tomato on top. Garnish plates with four more cherry tomatoes, and
remaining basil leaves
2. Place all dressing ingredients in food
processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle dressing over tomato stack,
top with freshly ground four-blend pepper and serve.
(per 471 g serving)
Fat: 24 g
Protein: 21 g
Carbs: 7 g
Makes 2 Servings