2 C Cashews
1 C Filtered water
1/3 C Red bell pepper, diced
2½ Tbl Green onion, diced
2 Tbl Cilantro, minced
1 tsp Garlic, minced (optional)
3 tsp shoyu, or to taste
1/2 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
Pinch Crushed red pepper flakes Preparation
Blend cashews with filtered water until very smooth. Place in a ½
gallon open-mouthed glass jar. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and
secure with a rubber band. Cover with a towel and allow to sit in a
warm place overnight.
2. Pour cashew mixture into a large mixing
bowl, combine with remaining ingredients and mix well. I pulse mine a few times in the Vitamix.Refrigerate and
serve with flax crackers, veggies, over salad or as a spread for Nori
wraps, yum! Variations
- Delicious when made with macadamia nuts or pine nuts.
- Blend 1 C of chopped red pepper with cultured cashew mixture, before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Replace cilantro with other fresh herbs.
- Add ¼ C grated carrots or beets.
- Replace bell pepper with other fresh veggies.
- Use as a dip for Flax Crackers.
- Use as a spread in Live Nori Rolls or scoop into a salad.