Learn more about gardening in Columbia, Missouri. The club offers informative meetings featuring local experts on a wide range of topics. Educational field trips and garden tours are organized by the club. Together with the Columbia Public Library, the club sponsors an annual Winter Garden Forum for the community.
The Discovery Garden Club is open to all. Annual dues are: $15 for an individual, $20 for a family.
Meetings are held the Second Monday evening the month (except December) from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at the Missouri Cattlemen's Association Building, 2306 Bluff Creek Drive, Columbia, MO
Hope you can join us!
2015 Meeting Schedule
- January 12 Rain Gardens and Rain Barrels
- February 9 Learn about the art of Bonsai
- March 9 Tips for Gardening Safely this Spring
- April 13 The Wonderful World of Hummingbirds*
- May 11 Tour of the Columbia Cemetery*
- May 16 Friends & Family Plant Sale
- June 8 Butterfly Gardens with Heather Lamb
- June 13 Garden Tour, Colleen's
- July 13 Floral Photography
- August 10 TBA
- September 14 Helmi’s—Garden Planters*
- October 12 TBA
- November 9 Club's Annual Pizza Party*
- December (no meeting this month)
2016 Meeting Schedule
- January 31 Winter Garden Forum*
Meetings marked with *
will be held in locations to be announced
Winter Garden Forum
January 31, 2016
Columbia Public Library Friend's Room
1:30PM to 3:30PM
Terry Milne, "Fragrance in the Garden"
Alice Longfellow, "Edibles in the Ornamental Landscape"
Light refreshments will be served, and some garden related door prizes will be offered.