Welcome to DCCPA!
It has been an exciting year for DCCPA, and we are looking forward to an eventful spring semester! In the coming semester, DCCPA will be undergoing some changes (see below) that will ultimately aid us in our mission to unite and educate professionals in the DC Metro Area.
After soliciting feedback from current DCCPA members and past Executive Board members, the 2014-2015 DCCPA Executive Board has made the decision to become an Internal Chapter of ACPA, College Student Educators International. As DCCPA moves forward with the affiliation process, the current Executive Board will continue to keep members informed of how this may affect membership and organizational practices – including revisions that may need to be made to the DCCPA By-Laws.
As DCCPA moves forward with this process, we also encourage current DCCPA members to consider how both our organization and individual professionals will benefit from becoming an internal chapter and a member of ACPA, respectively (listed below). Please contact the DCCPA Executive Board (email@example.com) if you have any questions about this decision. Thank you!
· ACPA absorption of PayPal fees for conference registration
· Access to ACPA membership lists
· Decreased administrative work around taxes, finances, record keeping, and technology
· Access to ACPA liability insurance
· Discounted attendance at ACPA events
· Access to ACPA publications
· Access to ACPA career resources
· ACPA maintains web presence
· Decreased ACPA rate for members
· Members have access to personal liability insurance