From The Culinary Couple | Source Baked
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 7 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 7 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- about 40 mini marshmallows, or 10 marshmallows cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup lightly salted whole peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and brown
sugar. Add butter. Combine the mixture, then turn it out into the
prepared pan. Press the crust into an even layer along the bottom and up
the sides of the pan. (Use the bottom of a measuring cup to create a
perfectly even crust.)
- Bake the crust for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Remove pan from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- In a large heatproof bowl, toss chocolates together. Drizzle corn syrup over chocolate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Remove from heat
and pour cream over chocolate mixture. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
Starting in the center of the bowl and working your way out to the
edges, whisk chocolate mixture in a circle until completely smooth.
Fold in marshmallows and whole peanuts. Pour mixture over prepared crust
and use an offset spatula to spread it as evenly as possible. Sprinkle
the top with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until set. Cut into squares
and serve. The bars will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3