White Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Joy the Baker and Quaker Oats
Makes 3 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
½ cup to 1 cup dried cherries
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
3. In bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in two additions, beating until just combined. Add in oats, cherries, and chocolate chips, mixing until just moistened.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on prepared cookie sheets. Bake, rotating halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2010/03/white-chocolate-cherry-oatmeal-cookies.html
Back to Recipe Home Page