Adapted from Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy by Alice Medrich
Makes about 20 cookies
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1 large egg
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and ¾ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Gather dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix remaining tablespoon of sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in spiced sugar mixture and place on prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake, rotating halfway through, until cookies are puffed, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2011/04/snickerdoodles.html
Back to Recipe Home Page