Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 large eggs
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons dark rum
Coarse sanding sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 12x17-inch baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture, then fold in flour. Pour batter into prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly with a spatula (it will be a very thin layer). Bake until top is shiny and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
4. When cooled, break brownie into small pieces and transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. With mixer on low, add rum and mix until crumbs come together to form a ball.
5. Shape into 1-inch balls with a heaping tablespoon or a 1-inch cookie scoop. Roll in sanding sugar to coat and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate, uncovered, until cold, about 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2010/12/rum-balls.html
Back to Recipe Home Page