Adapted from Erin Cooks
Makes about 16 to 18 muffins
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon plus ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree (about half of a 15oz can)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt; set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 cup sugar, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil until smooth. Gradually add in dry ingredients, whisking until just combined.
4. Divide batter into prepared pans, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full, about 2 heaping tablespoons each. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle sugar mixture on top of batter in each cup.
5. Bake, rotating halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 16 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Back to Recipe Home Page