Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Pecan Crust
Adapted from More from Magnolia by Allysa Torey
Makes one 10-inch cheesecake
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
25-30 gingersnap cookies, or 1 ½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
½ cup chopped toasted pecans
¾ pound (1 ½ 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
5 large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
¾ cup heavy cream
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
Note: To toast pecans, place on baking sheet in 350F oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. To make crust: Place 25-30 gingersnap cookies, broken into pieces, and toasted pecans in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. With the food processor running, pour melted butter in until mixture is moistened through. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
3. To make filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on low speed until very smooth. Gradually add sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Add pumpkin puree and mix until just blended. Stir in heavy cream and cinnamon.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and set pan on baking sheet. Bake until edges are set and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour. With oven door slightly ajar, cool the cake in the oven for 1 more hour before removing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
5. Remove cake from refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2009/11/pumpkin-cheesecake-with-gingersnap.html
Back to Recipe Home Page