Peanut Butter Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Makes 32 cookies
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups old fashioned oats
¾ cup mini M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicon liners; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and both sugars until fluffy and lightened in color, about 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and beat until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
4. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture a little at a time, beating until just incorporated.
5. With a wooden spoon, stir in oats and M&Ms until everything is combined.
6. Using a spoon or a 1½-inch cookie scoop, drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through, until cookies are lightly browned.*
7. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
*Note: I baked mine for 12 minutes because they still looked a little wet and gooey at 10, but once they cooled, they ended up being a little dry. So even if they look a little underdone, go ahead and take them out. You’ll have much softer, chewier cookies once they’re cooled.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2010/06/peanut-butter-oatmeal-m-cookies.html
Back to Recipe Home Page