Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Ready for Dessert by David Lebovitz
Makes 30 2-inch cookies
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling cookies
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugars, and peanut butter just until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
3. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Remove the dough from refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
4. With racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, preheat to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. Pour about ¼ cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl.
5. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll them in the granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Using the back tines of a fork, make a crosshatch pattern on each cookie, flattening it slightly.
6. Bake, rotating sheets halfway, until cookies begin to brown at the edges but centers still look slightly uncooked, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2010/07/mini-throwdown-peanut-butter-cookies.html
Back to Recipe Home Page