No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Adapted from Food.com
Makes 12 bars
1 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 ½ cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup honey (or corn syrup)
½ cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup broken pretzel sticks
½ cup peanut butter baking chips*
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips*
*Note: To keep from melting too much, put chocolate and peanut butter chips in the freezer for about a half an hour before adding to mixture.
1. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang on 2 opposites sides. Spray foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies, oats, and pretzels, tossing with a wooden spoon to mix evenly.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir honey (or corn syrup) and brown sugar, until it just reaches a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and toss with a wooden spoon until dry mixture is evenly coated. Add in chocolate and peanut butter chips, stirring quickly to keep them from melting, until evenly distributed.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly to the sides. With slightly damp hands or the lightly greased bottom of a smaller baking pan, press down firmly to compact the granola. (And I do mean firmly. Press as hard as you can! It’ll keep your bars from falling apart when you cut them.)
6. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours, up to overnight. When firm, using the foil overhang, lift granola out of pan and place on a cutting board. With a large, sharp knife, cut in half down the horizontal center, then in half down the vertical center, making 4 large squares. Cut each large square into thirds, making 12 bars.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2011/06/no-bake-peanut-butter-granola-bars.html
Back to Recipe Home Page