From The Baker Chick
Makes about 2 dozen
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup molasses
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well combined; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil and sugars until well combined. Add egg, molasses, and vanilla extract, and whisk until smooth. Sprinkle flour mixture over sugar mixture, ½ cup at a time, and fold together using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula until incorporated.
4. Place ¼ cup granulated sugar in a small bowl. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, roll dough into balls. Toss in sugar to coat completely and place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until edges are set and tops are cracked, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Back to Recipe Home Page