Honey Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 20 cookies
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup honey
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ½ cup sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, and honey until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
4. Place ¼ cup granulated sugar in a small bowl. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, roll dough into balls. Roll in sugar to coat and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, press a cross hatch pattern into tops of cookies, flattening them to 1/2-inch thick. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. After dough has chilled, bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Back to Recipe Home Page