From All Recipes.com
Makes about 3 ½ to 4 dozen
½ cup shortening
½ cup packed light brown sugar
3 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ cup molasses
¼ cup water
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar. Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with molasses and water. Turn dough out onto clean counter, divide in half. Pat each half down into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
4. Roll dough to ¼ inch thick. Cut shapes out with cutters, and transfer to prepared pans.
5. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for about 12 minutes, or until cookies spring back lightly in center. Cool on pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2009/12/gingerbread-men.html
Back to Recipe Home Page