Adapted from Everyday Food Holiday 2006
Makes 16 brownies
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for foil
12 ounces (1½ cups) milk chocolate, divided*
1 ¼ cups sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
¾ cup plus 1½ teaspoons all purpose flour, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhand on two sides; butter bottom and sides of foil (not overhang). Set aside. In a small bowl, toss 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of chocolate with 1½ teaspoons flour until coated. Set aside.
2. Place butter and 8 ounces (1 cup) chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water; stir frequently until almost melted. Remove from heat; stir until completely melted. (Or melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring after 1 minute, and reheating and stirring until chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth.)
3. Whisk in sugar and salt until smooth; whisk in eggs. Gently whisk in ¾ cup of flour just until smooth (do not overmix). Fold in reserved chocolate chips.
4. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
5. Using foil overhang, lift from pan; peel off foil and discard. Cut brownies into 16 squares (4 rows by 4 rows).
*Note: For a more dark chocolate taste, use semisweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate, or combine ½ cup of each for the batter and ¼ cup of each to fold in.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2009/11/fudgy-brownies.html
Back to Recipe Home Page