From 125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson
Makes 12 cupcakes (Mine actually made a little over 18)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup frozen raspberries, not thawed
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and oil until well combined. Add milk, frozen raspberries, and vanilla, being just until raspberries are mashed and well incorporated. Add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Mix in balsamic vinegar.
4. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
White Chocolate Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
Adapted from Maple Buttercream by Julie Hasson
Makes 2 cups (Enough for 18 cupcakes)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup melted white chocolate
1/4 tsp raspberry extract
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together confectioners’ sugar, butter, melted chocolate, raspberry and vanilla extracts, and salt until smooth.
2. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve or for up to 8 hours.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2009/06/chocolate-raspberry-cupcakes.html
Back to Recipe Home Page