Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Cream Cheese)
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café and Baking Blonde
Makes about 3 dozen 2-inch cookies
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with your hands or the bottom of a glass. Chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes, up to overnight. (If chilling overnight, cover with plastic wrap.)
5. Preheat oven to 325F. Remove dough from fridge and bake, rotating pans halfway through, until cookies are golden and start to brown around the edges, about 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brought to you by The Busty Baker (http://www.bustybaker.com)
Original Post: http://ladolcivita.blogspot.com/2012/04/chocolate-chip-cookies-with-cream.html
Back to Recipe Home Page